Seminars in the current summer term
In the current term, the chair of Business Computing and Operations Research offers the seminar... [more]
Corona crisis: Availability of the chair team
Unfortunately, due to the corona crisis, no office hours can be offered on site. However, we can be... [more]
MWiWi 1.6 - Informationsmanagement & IT Project management
Inspection of exams [more]
Student tutorial - Foundations of Decision Support Systems
Attention: Cancellation of the tutorial on 20th November 2019 [more]
MWiWi 1.6 - Informationsmanagement
Start-time of the first Session on 10/25/2019 [more]
The chair of Business Computing and Operations Research supervises degree theses part of bachelor and master programs.
Please note the formal criterias of the examination board regarding degree theses.
Topics of degree theses
Below some suggested research areas are displayed. A concrete topic will be developed individually. Additionally, we supervise practical theses which arise from the current research projects in cooperation with businesses. If you are interested in writing a thesis, just ask a member of the chair.
- Procedures for planned maintenance.
- Recent approaches for transport planning and transport management
- Models and methods for layout and location planning
- Handling and variant diversity: Approaches for efficient mass customization
- Planning and management: assembly line balancing
- Scheduling algorithms
- Approaches to support offshoring decisions
- Models and methods for dynamic lot-size planning
- Supply chain management and advanced planning systems
- Planning systems for business management
- Optimization of relational database systems